>>Friday, February 10, 2006<<
So, why are you adopting?
We have been asked this question before. I suppose the biggest reason the question is asked is because we have two biological children of our own. Most people think that once you have your own, then there is no need to adopt. Well, our blog is not only to tell our story about our journey to find our son. But, also to dispel the misconception that there is no need to adopt once you have your own. I hear even from my own friends that are unable to have children biologically that they are questioned about adopting.

About a year and 1/2 ago, my husband and I were listening to one of my favorite Christian Artists. His name is Stephen Curtis Chapman. He was talking about how he has 3 bio children of his own. And he said that he and his wife felt "led" to adopt.


He read a scripture that really hit home to us..

Psalm 68:5-6 tells us that as the Father to the fatherless, God delights in setting the lonely in families.

Something about that really touched our hearts. If we are to be Christ-like, then we are all called to be fathers (mothers) to the fatherless. That was the turning point that started us on our journey of adopting.