>>Friday, April 28, 2006<<
Touch of the "mung" ....
Sorry for not posting sooner. I am the one who caught a nasty bug now. I use the word "mung" because it is my made up word for feeling like Yuck! Fortunately, I brought my Zycam Flu Medicne with me and yesterday, I slept the entire day. That, and my host family gave me some Russia Flu Medicne too. I assume it was the same stuff...but, it really helped me feel a lot better. Unfortunately, I could not see Nikolai. Although, I am much better today, they said it was probably best that I didn't go today either. This is how it works.. Nikolai was sick, then he gave it to H.D. (Handsome Devil), then all of the other little kids had it as of Wednesday. So, it was only a matter of time with me kissing on everyone and hugging that I would get it.

Although, it is terrible for me not to see Nikolai...it is ok. Because, tomorrow, he will be with us forever!!!!! So, all I have to do is spend one more day completely getting better so that when B and my sweet little girl arrives, I will be at the airport with open arms and then off to the orphanage. The sad news, I have to say goodbye for good to H.D. tomorrow, which pains me. But, I know that God will take care of him. It was the same way with Alyona, the little girl we hosted from Ukraine over Christmas. It hurt so bad to watch her leave. We pray for her every night to find a home.

I look like a sad little puppy today wanting to get out though. I do believe I will have to get out of the apartment and venture down to the market. It is about 50 degrees F and sunny. A beautiful day. My blogger friends are here in Moscow Brian and Rebecca we are hoping to get to see each other. But, I can't get them sick either, they are visiting their sweet babies in the orphanage. Our other friends, Stacy and Roy, who have been with me the whole time here are leaving back to Detroit tomorrow. They have completed (well, almost...they are doing the Embassy today) their process and it is back to the good ole US of A. I will miss them terribly. They have been my constant companion here. It is great when you have people here from the same country. It makes things a lot easier.

Anyway, let me get to posting some of those Q&A's.....

Caroline
5 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
I must say I don't like this one bit... waiting... waiting to talk to you... waiting to meet Nikolai... waiting for you to come back from another COUNTRY! This is for the birds. Anyway, I know it is procedure and you have to go through it, but I MISS YOU ALREADY! And, I can't wait to talk to you and hear all the details, although you do a very good job on this blog. :) I was checking the blog every couple of days and nothing, and now I had to read like the equivalent of a novel. :) It was all good. I am proud of you girl! Lord, knows I was with you on your first trip to NY City. :) I love you and am looking forward to seeing you! When can we come for a visit?

Christy
P.S. Your husband is awesome!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Oh boy, I feel we are kindred souls from the writing to the love of the ocean you told the story of my life. My husband and I are in the process of adopting too and Lorien gave me your blog address. I love Lorien and altho this will make our 5th agency we are in the process of coming onboard with her.
The story of H.D. has wrenched my heart and I am so afraid of this happening to me as well.
I think you very brave and I envy you for having the self confidence to stay in Moscow alone and be with your son. You are in the book of great mothers for that in my opinion. I invite you to visit our website and would love to keep in touch for the support and empathy born of a shared experience it would offer. I wish you well and hope your trip is great, sucessful -and over soon!
Best Wishes

Blogger Jennefer said...
Will you be posting the Q&A for all to see? I would like to know what everyone is asking. Perhaps I should be asking about that too.

Blogger sandy said...
I am glad to read that Nikolai is feeling better! And I am really enjoying all your photographs of Russia. Thank you, and take care!

Blogger Jennefer said...
Just to let you know- your Brian and Rebecca link doesn't work. I think there is a repeat of http.