>>Friday, April 21, 2006<<
Our Little Man is Sick
I thought I would post one more time before going to bed. It is about 12:35 AM here. It doesn't matter which time zone I am in. I am still an insomniac!!! Goodness!

I wanted to ask for your prayers. They always say that when more than one come together in prayer..... I went to see Nikolai today and I was only allowed to see him for about 45 minutes. He was pretty sick. He had a cold now for about a week. I had taken him outside the past few days because it had been so nice here and close to 60 degrees. I noticed that his cough and wheezing was getting worse. When I showed up today, they said he needed to sleep and I could only stay a little while. I can't see him tomorrow or Sunday. And then next week, I am limited to an hour. Because if he gets sicker, they said they will have to send him to a hospital. I am sure if that happens, I definitely won't be able to see him.

It is really hard knowing that you are the "official" mother to a little boy, but not really "officially" his parent until a piece of paper gets released 7 days from now saying that he is "official". I am not allowed to do anything for him or about his illness. He has incredible caregivers though, I will give them that. We are blessed to know that he is being taken care of. If he had to be at any orphanage, we are glad that he is at the one he is at... everyone that I have met has been wonderful. They respond so well to him and vice verca.

If he does have to go to the hospital, that will set us all back a while. They can't let a sick child be in an orphanage...they go directly to a hospital. So, that is why we are asking for prayers. I hate that I can't see him for the whole weekend. But, I know he is beginning to know me because he smiled when I showed up today. That made me feel good.

I will write more this weekend. I have to say that outside of him getting sick, things are going really well. I am able to exchange money easy, shop for myself, I have become fairly self sufficient. If only I could figure out what in the world everyone is saying! :)
9 Comments:
Blogger ipodmomma said...
prayers are with Nikolai, and you too... take this weekend to enjoy where you are, and know that God has all of this in His hands...

much love!

Blogger Maggie said...
Congratulations. I'm everything went well in court. I hated to hear that your little guy is sick. I hope he gets well soon and I hope that this is the fastest 10 days in history.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I'm so sorry to hear that, Caroline. He definitely has my prayers and you do too!

I hope to call you tomorrow. I love and miss you girly!

Blogger Jennefer said...
That is so hard when your child is sick and you can't do anything about it. Our prayers are with you both.

Blogger Deb said...
Praying for Nikolai constantly.

Blogger Yeah So said...
Sending good vibes across the miles...I hope he gets better very soon. Glad you are having a good time, it seems like you are doing a good job of soaking in all of the culture!

Blogger Charlene Davis said...
Prayers are with you and Nickolai girlfriend. I'll pass the prayers on to my busy moms list too.

Blogger Charlene Davis said...
Your post reminded me of when we first were told that our birthmother had released her son to us. As you know we were overjoyed, but we couldn't see him for 3 weeks because the paperwork and homestudy hadn't been finalized. And his first 10 days were in the hospital because of complications during the birth. It was so very hard knowing he was there and not being able to be with him. All this is to say that I feel your pain and my heart is with you sissy.

Blogger A Room to Grow said...
i'll be thinking of you and nikolai. hoping he gets well soon and doesn't need to go to the hospital. i am sure it must be frustrating not to be able to comfort and take care of him right now. the ten days will be over very soon...