>>Sunday, April 02, 2006<<
Less than 2 weeks, we will be travelling
It is so hard to believe that in less than 2 weeks, we will be travelling back to Russia to be the official parents of our baby boy barring any crazy complications during the 10 day waiting period. We do not foresee any.

My husband and I were painting the babies room today and no where near finished. I suppose in my mind, I thought we had all of this time. But, it really dawned on me in full force today that we only had one full weekend left. B is going over for the court date and then coming home and I will be over there for 21 days. He is coming back with our 5 1/2 year old daughter after the 10 days are up. But, i will be away from our youngest for 3 weeks. It is such a wierd experience for me.

I am SOOO excited to get back to Russia to be with Baby S. But, this will be the first time that I have been away from my husband or children for this length of time. But, on the other hand...this will probably be the only time in Baby S' life that I will have alone time with him. So, it is such a double edged sword.

There is so much too get done at home to get our house in order before we leave. I am a "lists" person and lots to do. But, it is also a very exciting time. We will be staying with a host family while we are there which will be really cool to experience it all.

No one really tells you or explains to you what a roller coaster ride it is. For us, we have been blessed that it hasn't been a roller coaster ride so much in the process, but, in emotions. It will all be worth it. No worries, I will be reporting live again when we get there. Our host family has internet access....YEA!!!!!!!!
8 Comments:
Blogger Rhonda said...
Wow, I can't believe how fast the time has flown for you! This is awesome! I bet we'll be the same way, trying to get everything done at the very end. Congratulations.

Blogger Maggie said...
It sounds like the 10 day waiting period is a given for you. Is your region known for not waiving it?

I'm so glad that things are moving quickly for you. It will be hard to be away from your girls, but a what a good reason for it.

Blogger ipodmomma said...
how totally exciting!!! how long has this process taken you?

you will most certainly be in my prayers!!! glad that you'll have interent access too... :)))

blessings to you all!!!

Blogger Jennefer said...
Good luck on your journey! It is certainly coming fast.

I can understand about putting stuff off and then realizing time is up. I am sure your baby room will look great.

It will be hard to be away from your family for that long, but how nice to have a little get-a-way with your new baby. I look forward to hearing about it.

I hear ya with the lists thing. After you have more than one child, I don't know how anyone can function without lists!

Blogger sandy said...
Congratulations on getting your court date! I hope everything goes smoothly for you in Russia and I'm looking forward to hearing all about it!

A tip that a fellow mom mentioned was to take along some large ziploc bags. In her case she was adopting 4 at once, and when she and her husband picked them up from the orphanage, along with another woman and her new little one, the kids had never traveled in a car before. She said it was a vomit-fest, and lucky for her she had some ziplocs (w/o planning for this) and managed to capture most of the borscht the kids were fed for lunch. Hope this helps.
sandy

Blogger A Room to Grow said...
now that we all know that you'll have internet access, there will be no excuse for not keeping us posted on a regular basis.

Blogger megz_mum said...
Good for you! I hope all goes smoothly. Looking forward to reading your news from Russia.

Blogger CarolinaGirl said...
We got our referral at the very end of Dec., first of Jan. We travelled in March and are now finishing up this month (April). It is hard to believe. It has been the same length of time pretty much for all of the families that are in our program. That is assuming the Homestudy and Fingerprints are back. I have to be honest, I never expected this to happen. We pray that it will continue to go as smooth. I hope you all will pray with us....thanks!!