>>Monday, March 27, 2006<<
Rumor has it...
Our director from Lighthouse Adoptions called last week and said that we had a potential court date for the week of April 10th. (This is the 2nd court trip...the biggie) How exciting is that!??! We are waiting on pins and needles to hear the confirmation this week. It is so amazing to me how quick this process has gone and smooth, so far at least...knock on wood.

It is funny....those that I talked before us beginning our adoption process were either really attached to their agency/coordinators and were/are very fervent and loyal towards them. It was so hard to know who to go with because so many people had such strong ties. I now understand that feeling. When you spend so much time on the phone with someone and trust them to guide you through the process, help you bring home your baby...get you to a foreign country, trust them with your money. For most of us, even with a referral, you are walking into the process blind. But, I truly believe that there is that gut feeling that tells you something whether or not things will be ok. We had that gut feeling with our Director. We now consider her a part of our family. We never met her before a few months ago and now, we talk at least a few times a week and almost email daily. I am a Type A. I need to know what is going on, even when nothing is going on. She tells me everything like that. She told us exactly where to go when you get off the plane. It was so detailed. The whole process has been that way. For someone like me, I need that. I know without a shadow of a doubt that God led us to her. It was too coincidental how it came about. And I don't believe in coincidences...I believe that God has planned that to already happen.

We feel strong about J and Helene at Nathanson Adoptions who was our Homestudy Agency. J is our SW and I pray that she will be doing our post placements. We loved her and she felt like family to us also. And, I feel like the entire group on the Russian side has been fantastic. I know that we are extremely lucky and am in NO way bragging or throwing it in anyones face. I realize that there are many heart breaking stories that have personally affected me by reading them. I have seen my own friends wait for so long even though they are adopting from a diffferent country. As painful as it is, I know that God is planning the perfect timing for their child to meet their parents.

I guess some of the reason that I am writing this is to say that there is good experiences going on in Russia right now. I want to bring a little light into what seems like a dark time for a lot of people. And, selfishly, I just wanted to share my excitement with you all about how close we are really getting to bringing our little pumpkin home. We never dreamed it would happen this fast. Sometimes I wonder, was it too fast? am I ready? And now that the call has come that we will be leaving in a couple of weeks. The answer is a resounding YES. I am ready. Ready for him to jump right in with the girls and have the same What? Are you talking to me? look. They are going to just be so excited!!

By the way, I am staying the whole 21 days, B is staying for court, then coming home for the girls and work and then coming back when our little pumpkin gets out (when the 10 day wait is over) and B is bringing our 5 1/2 (almost 6) with him out there to be with us. We thought bringing Little M was too much and she was just not ready for that. Miss S (our oldest) has told everyone that she comes in contact with from the grocery store clerk to the post office man to a stranger in the mall that she is going to Moscow Russia to pick up her baby brother. She is so proud of herself. It is fun to watch!!!.

I can still remember him in the orphanage tickling him and playing with his shoes and wondering what his tiny toes must look like. I can't wait for that day to play with those little feet and to see his laughter.

Thanks for letting me be excited for a little bit.
7 Comments:
Blogger ipodmomma said...
love the picture below, and good to hear of your excitements... what a month April will be for you all!

many prayers to you....

Blogger Jennefer said...
I am very excited for you! It is coming very soon! I can't wait to see photos. Is that actually his foot or just a stock photo?

I wish we could bring our kids to Russia. What a great experience that would be for them. Unfortunately it is too expensive. I am sure you will have a wonderful trip!

Blogger Deb said...
Great story about your girls. Just wait till you get your pumpkin home to add to it. Congratz on the court date. Sooo excited for you all.

Blogger Elle said...
Caroline you are entitled to every last bit of excitement that comes your way. I only wish that all our journeys could be that smooth. But they are all different. That is half the "fun." Tell your joyful story girlfriend. Shout it to the roof tops.

Blogger Maggie said...
Court date! Yay! I'm glad things are going well for you. It proves that this process does work sometimes. That's nice to know!

Blogger A Room to Grow said...
Great news that you have a court date. Wow, Apr 10th isn't far away!

Blogger Rhonda said...
Congrats, that's great news! Wow, it will be here before you know it!