>>Friday, March 24, 2006<<
T..M...I...

T..M...I... is what I like to affectionately call Too Much Information. I have decided that my 4 day "funk", "pity party", "being a brat" :) is really because there has been Too Much Information going on in the past months. Especially in the past few weeks. Not only information, but, changes. It is funny, I have been totally Ms. Cool....all put together, except for a few stress out parties here and there. But, I think now that I got home....the exhaustion and demands of it all hit me. For all of you going through adoption or just being a mom, or you don't even have to be a Mom, you can just be going through life...you'll know what I mean. But, especially us going through the adoption process. The information overload is Wowza
" You need this document notarized, apostilled, sent to this address...etc" And then all of the Lists that I had created to fly for the first trip "Don't forget this, don't forget that...here is where the girls clothes are...don't forget their vitamins"....Oh yea, Lilly and Stilts.. our cutie pattottie animals...."Don't forget to give them this and that"....

Then when you get to Russia, it is fantastic, awesome, life changing, exhausting, never walked so much in my life, scared out of your mind at times because of not sure what to expect next, and then awed by the experience and then meeting our child for the first time. Then, the plane ride, oh lord :). Then, you get home and you are so excited to see your children. But, they really don't know you have been on a roller coaster ride...so, it is time to pick right up with normal life. But, your body and mind are in "TMI" overload. All week it has been "Mommy, Mommy, Mommy, Mommy....." There haven't been sweeter words and at the same time, I wished I could say...."can you just hang on a minute and let Mommy take a little nap, I am exhausted". It doesn't work that way.

We just got the call that it looks like our 2nd trip might be the week of April 10th. Holy COW!. That is awesome!. But, HOLY SHIT....excuse me if I offended anyone, but, that is the only appropriate word that I could think of ;) We are back on the roller coaster ride again.

Trust me when I say this, I am so excited to have a 3rd child. Seeing his eyes, touching his hands, smelling his hair, tickling his feet....it still brings tears to my eyes. But, it also is a change. Knowing that in a month or so, that our house will having a lot of children yelling "Mommy" is exciting and a little scary if I can be honest with you. It is not that I can't handle it. I can handle it. I just hope that I can be the best Mom that I can be. I spend too much time trying to be the best at everything and that is when I fall down. So, thank you very much for all of your responses to my last post. It gave me SOOO much to think about. Because if I don't take care of myself....I can't take care of my family and I can't do the things that I am passionate about. So, I think I will take you guys up on that Pedicure. In fact, I have a Gift Certificate that I haven't cashed in. Men just don't understand that a good manicure and pedicure or massage can pretty much cure the worlds problems. :)

Thank you so much for your great words!! I am on my way back up!. You guys are the best!. And Lisa....girl, how can I forget the apartment days...we had a blast. You are too sweet and your comments made me cry. I love you sis!. Thanks for your voice mail. I will call you soon!. By the way, don't let Lisa fool you.....I was only up and out the door because I just grabbed whatever I found in my closet, whereas she had gloriously long curly hair and looked like a fashion model and her clothes matched. When your clothes don't match and you have straight hair like me, it doesn't take a lot of time....ha ha !!! (well, I did match sometimes....but, others will debate that...ha!)
7 Comments:
Blogger Elle said...
Glad to hear you are feeling a little better.
I know what the Info overload feels like. It is enough to make your hair fall out. Oh wait! That happened to me. Hope it doesn't happen to you.

Soon that little boy will be home and you will be pulling your hair out and loving every minute of it.

Blogger Yeah So said...
Wow, don't think I could go through all this if I already had 2 kids...you are a trooper! Do you get any sleep??

Blogger Maggie said...
The paperchase and craziness has an end date in site. It's got to be scary and overwhelming now, but keep yhour eyes on the prize. I'm thinking about you!

Blogger ipodmomma said...
prayers are with you all, and yeah, 10 April is just around the corner!!! take each day as it comes, and know that God will give you exactly what you need and what your family needs too....

Blogger Jennefer said...
Congrats on the upcoming court date! That is soon. I know how overwhelming this can be with kids. Sometimes sleep is all you need- and it seems elusive. Lists are the only key to my sanity. I just have to think about what is next on the list so I can forget about the rest of it. Bringing a new child will be stressful, we are planning for that too, but it will also be very fulfilling and exciting and fun.

Take care of yourself, girl!!

Blogger Rhonda said...
I never considered how difficult it would be to come home to two kids after such an exhausting trip. I'm sure B and I will be sleeping for days. You have my respect! WOW.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Now Caroline!! It has taken me a little while to get back to your blog..
Girl, you do such a wonderful job being a wife and mother (daughter also) But how in the world can someone working on your fingernails and toenails relax you??
Don't forget we have four!!! Granted we had two older when you and Brad came along and they helped out. But Susan had a hard time with Brad !! I know it's hard to remember to drain the swamp when you are up to your butt in aligators....Take some time each day for yourself if its not but 30 minutes.
Tell the 2 angels that you are going to punish them if they don't behave and send them to Nana and Ps's house!!!! Yea....
Bye, Sugah Pie.
Dad