>>Saturday, March 18, 2006<<
We are headed home...
This will be a short post as it is 2:00 am in Moscow. We are totally exhausted, but, cannot say enough wonderful things about our time here. We just finished packing up and ate dinner with friends from B's highschool who now live here in Moscow. We really feel like we have immersed ourselves in the culture. I have to say that all of the hype about being scared and the other things that go on didn't happen for us.

We had to say goodbye to S today. It was very hard for us. But, knowing that we will be back soon gives us comfort. I am ready to go home and see our girls. I miss them so terribly. My heart is torn in half. Dying to see our sweet angels at home and then leaving the little man here who has taken to us quite well.

I have so much to write about when I get back. A lot of pointers about what to pack, etc. Things that I found really helpful.

My eyes are crosseyed now....so, I must go to sleep before I have to get on a plane. I will write everyone when I get back to the states.

By the way Jen...Yes....you can definitely call us friends!!!. P.S. to Lisa and Derek...you are in our thoughts and prayers. All of our love.....

God bless everyone!! Have a good night!
5 Comments:
Blogger Maggie said...
I can't wait to hear more about your trip and all of the tips you have. I'll be taking notes!

Blogger Jennefer said...
I know that, that is exactly how I am going to feel in Russia. I will miss my kids terribly and I will worry about them. At the same time it will be hard to leave our new daughter.

I look forward to your trip advice when you return!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Okay, my heart dropped. I finally opened up your blog to read (still fighting the time change from being home from Ukraine) and I saw "We are headed home". I thought you all were supposed to be there for 2 weeks?!

Well, I look forward to catching up with you guys and we can compare our Eastern Europe and new children stories :o)

I love you guys, have a safe trip home.

Michelle

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Tim Just forwarded this link to me. Congratulations to both of you. This is very exciting. I look forward to hearing more about it.

Blogger Deb said...
Wow Caroline I think your screenplays will be awesome. You really make me feel like I am running (and falling) right along with you. I just found your blog and read your story and appreciate it so much. All the thoughts & experiences you have shared with us are amazing.
My husband and I are currently waiting to receive the date for our Home Study to adopt a son/daughter from Russia. Anxiously waiting to hear more.