>>Tuesday, March 07, 2006<<
Back down to earth
Ok, so I had my Oscar "wishful thinking" night and I am back to reality hit with a houseful of laundry, a few more papers to get signed before next weeks trip, Oh yea...I go back to work this week. I have been off of work due to my surgery. I am sure the kids at the YMCA have already forgotten my name. I hope not, because I love them dearly.

I think I am becoming a chronic insomniac. I used to blame my husband for keeping me up all hours. He is a night owl. Now, it is me. It was 2:00am and my eyes were were wide open. I felt like my mind was the ticker that goes across the screen on TV rattling off the million things that need to be done before Monday's flight to Russia "Don't forget to pack this, don't forget to do this and do that, blah, blah, blah. blah" My mind won't shut up. I am actually getting ticked at it!

Our director from Lighthouse Adoptions called last night to give us a run down of what was going to happen in Russia next week. Isn't she awesome? She is in contact with us every week and sometimes every other day just to check in even when there was no news. God knew that I needed her in my life. This is such a huge deal in our lives and to have someone guide us the whole way and tell us what is happening every step gives me so much peace. She even told us the directions of how to get out of the hotel and where to go to the restaurants. We know exactly what is going to happen each day. So, I feel so confident in going next week. I don't feel like we are walking in blind. I am getting a little (I said just a little) :) better about the thought of flying. But, there is no help in getting me better about leaving our babies. I know, the are 2 and 5 and my incredible parents are here in the house with them. Our bulldog is at the door at the first sight of problems. However, I think the cat can hurt someone worse than Lilly can :)

We are just so excited now. It is the small stuff that needs to get done. We will be landing in Moscow this time next week. It completely blows my mind!. In exactly one week and 2 days, we will be meeting our future son. Oh my!. There are no words for that!

By the way, I have to say some congratulations here: First and foremost...Congratulations Michelle and Dan for making it to Ukraine and seeing your sweet angel Yana and from what we heard..Yana was so surprised to see you!. I hope that your court date is waived!.
And another congratulations to all of my new blogger friends for getting their agency re-accredidations!!. WOOOOO HOOOOOOO!!!. Go Jen !! Yea Lisa !!, and even though I haven't officially "met" Rhonda and Margaret, congratulations to them too!!. That is so exciting. Because, I can only pray that now they can get their referrals and get moving quickly to their children. Our prayers are with you guys!!
10 Comments:
Blogger Elle said...
Caroline,
Thanks for the congrats.

You are lucky that your coordinator told you exactly what is going on. We had a vauge idea of our "program of stay," but for the most part we were on our own. Let me tell you that was an experience. It was a good thing I was well prepared. I led the other 3 around like a tour guide. It was hillarious!

I can't wait to hear about your adventures!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Congratulations on your trip to Moscow!!.

I just wanted to let you know that my husband and I are working with Lighthouse Adoptions because of your input.

I would like to introduce myself:

My name is Rebeca, married for almost 14 years to Brian and we live in Miami, FL. We have no children yet (infertility problems, treatments, etc) and are hoping to adopt soon.(short version)

Our first though was Eastern Europe, so we got our Home study ready for Ukraine since we thought it would be less expensive than Russia. By the time we were paper ready, Ukraine closed to new cases in September 2005.

We tried in Brazil late November last year, my husband is a missionary kid from Brazil, so he has double Citizenship (American by parents and Brazilian by birth place). Our Brazilian experience was emotionally draining and unsuccessful. It took us a while to recuperate.

We then look into what it would take to do a domestic adoption and decided not to go that route.

Finally, we prayed and regrouped, looked inside, pay attention to our thoughts and we are thinking to go with our first desire: adopting from Eastern Europe.

We read your blog and called the agency that you recommended. We are pretty excited to have decided to adopt from Moscow.

Thanks a lot for your help!!

Blogger Jennefer said...
Thanks for the congratulations! I am very excited to hear all about your upcoming trip!

And get some sleep! I think you are going to need it!

Wow, that must be so exciting for you. I wanted to come tell you thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your nice comments. I just love meeting new people - like you and Jen and others. It makes you feel so cool to "meet" people from all over! I wish you the best of luck in your visit.

Once I get my new home computer (next week) and get it all up and running, I hope to be able to visit everyone's blogs more frequently and leave more comments, etc. Right now, the only time I can do it is at work cause my home computer has some type of virus that kicks me to an advertisers website almost every time I click on someone's blog. Its so irritating, I stop trying. And work is so crazy right now due tot he loss of my hard drive, there is hardly time for anything. So, I'll catch up on your blog later - I would like to read lots of prior posts. I love the Academy Awards too!

I'll check back soon. Thanks again for stopping by.

Blogger Maggie said...
Caroline - thanks for posting on my site and for the congratulations. But I must admit I'm a bit weirded out by the things we have in common. I've met your adoption coordinator and she's met my boy. You're right -- she's awesome. I'm also an insomniac and I have a bulldog.

Congrats on your upcoming trip! I can't wait to hear how it goes.

Blogger CarolinaGirl said...
Margaret, that is wild!. What a small world it is that you know Lorien!. Oh my!. The fact that she has met your son is so cool!. I talk to her on a daily basis. I feel like she is my friend as well as my coordinator. Yep, total insomniac here and I LOVE my bulldog. You will have to send me a picture of your bullie. Wow!. This is so cool!. Can't wait to keep hearing from you!.

Blogger Her Grace said...
Caroline,

Thanks for visiting my site and leaving a comment. It'll be fun to follow your story, and we can compare notes on the lives of toddlers!

(I'd say we can compare notes on losing weight too, but that doesn't seem to be happening for me right now!!)

Blogger A Room to Grow said...
I can't believe you'll be meeting your new son in a week either! I hope you have good connectivity so we can follow along with you.

Had my ultrasound today to see if there is anything suspicious going on down there to cause the ab pains. Will probably find out this Wed or Thurs the results. Meantime, I'm on my Citracell pills and that's been helping immensely so hopefully I won't have to pursue "treatments" much longer.

Coffee shop in Encinitas village? We love going to Honey's for breakfast... then there is the Pannikan up the road in Leucadia that has the best scones & other breakfast goodies. I love the casual vibe near the beach towns.

Blogger atomic mama said...
Wow, congratulations and have a great trip!!!

Blogger Monica said...
Caroline,

Thanks for posting to our site. I can't believe that you can even think right now with your travel only 1 week away and insomnia!

Will you be posting to your blog? I would love to follow along & see you with your son. How exciting!

Monica