>>Monday, March 27, 2006<<
Shout outs for the week..

On a lot of the radio shows, I always hear "Do you wanna give a shout out to anyone?"

Well...I do....

I want to dedicate this to some old girl friends of mine that I love dearly and hope they know they are never out of my mind.

First of all....Christy is my best friend from college....we have been through about everything you could think of together. She was my Matron of honor, she has been there through the birth of my babies and the trials and jubilations that have gone along with that. We live about 3 hours from each other now whereas for many years, I was living all over the country. Although we don't get to see each other all that much. at least we are in the same state! But, there is not a day that goes by that I don't think of her. She is the type of friend that when everyone else has scattered...she is the one that is still standing. We will end up in a Nursing Home together still watching the Oscars together. But, most recently when I had my surgery a month and 1/2 ago....she was the last one that I called before I was wheeled in. I didn't have a lot of notice before the surgery, so there wasn't time to call people. But, I had to call her. I was in tears and scared out of my mind to go under the knife. My husband was on his way back to the hospital. I called and thank the lord she was there. In her amazing way that she always has, she was able to calm me right down and got her mother on the phone (who is a minister) and we all prayed together. Christy reached out through the phone (or so it seemed) and gave me a big hug. She is a blessing from God. My husband arrived and it was time to be wheeled away. She drove all the way down for just a few hours the next day with her children in tow and food that she had made just for me. I don't think she knows how much her friendship means to me or what that call meant or what that day meant and the million gajillion calls and visits before that. I thank God for her everyday.


I would also like to say Happy Birthday to a very special young lady who was just born last week to a very close friend of mine. Baby Alexis is such a beautiful baby!. Teri and AJ are the proud parents of this precious bundle of joy. Teri and I have known each other since we were 18 years old. Several of us from our college group started getting married and having babies. Teri was in my wedding and was a part of throwing me both of our babies showers. When Teri got married to AJ, I was to be there for her wedding. But, instead....Baby M was in ICU and I was still hooked up to every medicne known to man kind in the hospital. It broke my heart not to be by her side. She was so graceful about it. That is who she is...graceful. She watched all of the babies being born and never begrudged anyone. Finally, her day came and I know that all of the angels were singing when Alexis was born...because she is beautiful!!!...just like her Mommy.

Lisa D..now M....you know you are my girl!. You haven't stopped believing in me after all these years. Your call the other day (which I suck, because I still haven't returned) really lifted me up. You never give up on me and you are such an amazing and beautiful person. I am so lucky to know you. Thank you for everything....I haven't told you that lately.

Crazy Laurie....lord have mercy on my soul......if we still were all roommates, my ribs would crack. You make me laugh so hard. I am so proud of you for believing in your dreams and trying to live them out. You absolutely rock!!. That is the best way to sum you up....You rock sister girl!!!

Bethie...I pray that you will forgive me for not being there or being a part of your wedding. My life took over and it blinded me from the rest of the world. I am praying that life is bringing you all that love and happiness that you deserve. I hope you are having the best time of your life. I miss you and love ya girl!! Oh how I miss our California days!. Remember sitting be the Pacific Coast sipping on a Margarita? I miss our friendship.

Boobie, Nicole, and Cheri and Jen...You are my girls!. Wow...do we all go way back! So many stories to tell and so many good times. I miss you all so very much! I hate that it is once a year, or once every other year that we see each other. But, you will always be a part of my life. We all are the type of friends that will be friends for a lifetime. I love you all!!!

Regan, my dear friend.... you are an amazing friend. You are such a brilliant person and I know that your company is going to go farther than your wildest dreams. You have always inspired me to be a better person. I hope that you know how much your friendship means to me. I can't wait to come back to FL again!.

Kelly, it has been umpteen thousand years since we have talked....but, I can't wait until we get in touch again. Your children are beautiful!. I miss your friendship.


*****I write this, because sometimes it is the friends from our past that we just assume that they know that we love them. Never let them assume. I realize that I have an opportunity to publicly let everyone know that my friends from way back in the day who are my lifelong friends will never be forgotten. Just because I am meeting new friends, doesn't mean you guys are gone far from my mind. ****
1 Comments:
Blogger Jennefer said...
That is great that you stay in touch with old friends. Besides my family, I only have one friend that I talk to from highschool. We are meeting up in a couple of weeks. I haven't seen her for about 9 years. Should be interesting.