>>Tuesday, April 04, 2006<<
Blonde Ambition Tour

Nope, I am not talking about Madonna's "Blonde Ambition Tour"...I am talking about my own. I am not sure what has happened to me. But, something has gone off in my head like an alarm system saying:

"Warning, warning...you have less than 2 weeks to get every project that you ever needed to get done in your entire life before you leave because you will be gone for 3 weeks and when you come back, you will have another addition to the family"

So, yesterday...I thought I was Wonderwoman, and took one of the chairs from upstairs to downstairs and threw it into the garage. It needed to be done for a long time now. I took out the Queen sized mattresses from the playroom that we had stored there because we had nowhere else to put them. So, I proceeded to yank them out of there and put them in our room so that I could take them to the attic. (They are still in our bedroom). We made our plane reservations and I made a list that was longer than the pad of paper that I had. Around 2:00 am, I finally went to sleep.

Today, I woke up thinking I was Hercules. Our 5 1/2 year old had a play date and Baby M took a nap and Mommy started back on her Blonde Ambition Tour. We have needed to throw out the couch in the living area now for months. So, I decided today was the day. I picked that big ton of mass and headed out the door. Oh...I would have made it too... there was one small problem....it got stuck. I pushed it from inside the door, went around the front of the house and pulled and tugged at it like a rabid animal. No movement. Then, my neighbor came down the street.

"I know I don't see you doing that!!!"

I yelled back with a big grin on my face "Your right, it isn't me, someone else has taken over my body, pretend you don't see me!!!"

She said "Caroline...when did your doctor say you could start lifting again after your surgery?"

I said "6 weeks...and it is now 8 weeks and I am a woman on a mission and nobody wants to mess with a woman on a mission".

So....there you have it....goodness knows what tomorrow will bring. By the way, I did get the couch out. It had to sit it like that in the doorway for 3 hours until my husband came home. I saw him drive up and his face was priceless. His jaw dropped and then he started laughing and shaking his head. This blonde ambition tour is far from over folks!! ;)
10 Comments:
Blogger Rhonda said...
Ha! I've had the exact same couch problem...its these poofy couches. They just don't FIT. Glad your hubby was able to help you out!

Blogger megz_mum said...
Sounds like some serious "nesting" going on!
I love that other people also need rescuing sometimes - happens to me also!

Blogger ipodmomma said...
wow!!! you are doing some big moving...

what surgery, if I might ask... do take things carefully... :)))

Blogger Maggie said...
So your neighbor walks by and comments, but doesn't offer to help. Nice...

By the way, your throw-out couch looks nicer than the one sitting in my living room.

I'll have to tell you about the time I moved a dresser and blocked myself in my bedroom.

Blogger Elle said...
Of course only the true blogger would stop and take a photo. Too funny.

Be careful on the lifting. I was cleared for everything at 6 weeks too, but when I tried to skate for the first time (2 days after being cleared) I was one unhappy camper afterwards.

Blogger Jennefer said...
I am amazed at the things I am able to move (furniture and stuff) when I really, really care that it gets moved. Other times I barely have strength to lift the laundry bucket down the stairs.

Good luck with your projects. You are a wonderwoman! You have some life changing events in the works to motivate you!

It is amazing the things you can do when you put a little time pressure behind you.

Blogger Gaye and Andrew said...
You go girl! Funny because I have been doing the same type things...gaye

Blogger Gaye and Andrew said...
one more thing...when are you traveling? We might be in Moscow at the same time. We fly on the 18th, have court on the 24th and hope to be back in Moscow on the 27th...gaye

Blogger Brian & Rebeca said...
I totally understand the feeling. My friend from work volunteered to help me out with organizing my to-do-before-Moscow list. I think we are nesting! We might travel around the same time as you also, but we will know for sure on Monday. I will let you know then.

Blogger Unknown said...
I haven't read this one!!!My My, how is brings back the memories!!! As I read this I laugh and then cry a little!! C is something else!!!!
Dad