>>Sunday, March 02, 2008<<
2 year post-placement

It is so hard to believe that our 2 year post-placement is already here. It seems like yesterday that we were getting our Visa's, checking our packing list, and getting ready to board a plane to Moscow, Russia to meet our son for the first time.

Here we are, 2 years later and our baby boy is no longer a baby...he is a big boy now. At least that what he tells you. I always say that he is my baby. His comment back to me is "I not a baby mommy...I a big boy!". His words are forming at a quick clip. Wow, all the chattering in my home is serious business!!

Nikolai was just diagnosed with Celiac Disease. I don't know everything about it,but we will be meeting with a Nutritionist. Celiac is where your body is allergic to Gluten which is found in wheat and almost every processed food. This is why Nikolai has not gained much weight since being home. He can eat the entire house down and never gain an ounce. I have never seen a child that small eat as much as he does. Suffice it to say, he likes mama's cooking!! (and papa's).

There is so much to catch you up on with our family. We are doing really good and Nikolai has blossomed into this amazing flower. I am so proud of him.
2 Comments:
Blogger Elle said...
Congrats. Celiac's is hard, but manageable. You will quickly learn to be very creative in your cooking.

Blogger Deb said...
So glad to see an update. Hard to believe it's been over 2 years since he's been home.

I hope with the new diagnosis Nikolai starts to gain a little weight.