>>Tuesday, June 20, 2006<<
Nothing could be finer than to be in Carolina
So, I am a little delayed in talking about the Carolina Hurricanes winning the Stanley cup!. I am behind in just about everything!!

But, I have to say that even people who don't like hockey around here....everybody became united during this time. It was pretty cool.

I am way behind (2 weeks to be exact) in posting. I know everyone else understands how fast summer is flying by!. Nikolai has been home now for almost 2 months. It feels like a lifetime ago that we were in Moscow. He is so a part of us now that there is never a thought that he wasn't there from the beginning.

I have to say that I miss Moscow. Many of you that have been may ask me Why?. For me, it was such a special time in my life. It went beyond adopting our son. I miss that.

I just had my 37th birthday and for some that is old and some that is young... for me, a part of me still thinks that I am 21 and then my body kicks in and says "Girl...you feel like 90!!"

On the weight loss front, I have lost almost 17 pounds. Things are going slower than they were. I know that is the right way. But, I am not good with slow weight loss! :)

Our wedding anniversary is this week too and I love my husband more than I did the day we married. I can't imagine life without him.

Our summer is busy with activities, working, me STILL plugging away on my screenplay, and learning how to keep up with 3 very active children under the age of 6 and who constantly have colds. Needless to say, there is never a dull moment.

I hope you all are well out there in blogland! Drop a note to say hi and tell me how you are doing if you get a chance...

Caroline
5 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
Go Canes! I was beginning to wonder if you had gotten trambled in the celebration at the RBC
Center. Sounds like you've got a LOT of good things going on. Enjoy!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Yup. The Canes certainly deserve the congrates. Even though I'm still a little sad the Cup isn't going home...

Blogger ipodmomma said...
for some reason this post hasn't appeared until today... strange!

but many congrats to your team. and wonderful about the 17 pounds! take each day as it comes...

and a belated happy birthday... I don't feel my age inside, but yeah, the body has a differnt view... :)))

Blogger Yeah So said...
Sounds like you are in a happy place right now! Lots of celebrations and things to be thankful for. I turn 37 in a few weeks too!

Blogger Elle said...
*sigh* that was such a sad day for me. Acutally it was the day after. I had a meeting at church game 7 night and so I Tivoed the game. I then avoided all east coast blogs for the next 2 days for fear of the outcome being spoiled. Alas my boys just couldn't pull it out. I will say that Carolina did deserve to win that game 7. They played like crazy. Edmonton just couldn't get a good forecheck in to save their lives. And passing... let's just not go there.

Big congrats on the 17 pounds!