>>Tuesday, September 05, 2006<<
Sleeping like a baby.....
I realize that I have been gone from the blogger world now for over 2 months. I wished that I could say that I have been sleeping like a baby, touring the world, going to spas everyday, having grapes fed to me continuously. But, that would all be a lie.

Frankly, life has caught up with me and I have lost touch with everyone. I am not even sure my own family knows that I am alive. (just kidding...but, almost)

It seems like the past couple of months have absolutely flown by and have been a complete blur. I finally am checking on everyone's blog and am shocked to see what is going on. Jen has already gone to Russia, Elle is on her second trip to Russia, so many other bloggers are back from Russia and then my other blogger friends are doing so many other things that I am standing here left in the dust.

In internet time, two months is way too long. I have been taken off of blog lists and am no longer apart of the blogger circle. Which really stinks, because I loved all of my blogger friends. But, it wasn't them, it was me. (wow...I sound like an old boyfriend) I have gotten so caught up in my life that writing has become an extreme luxury.

Having three children and working is a huge challenge. There are no complaints here. Just saying that it is a challenge and I applaud all of the Moms and dads out there doing it. S started kindergarten this year which is a huge deal, and M is starting pre-school. Baby N is so busy running around the house, it is like watching a shooting star go by. B is so busy with work and I have been busy with assignments. I am an HR consultant and work with children at the local Youth Program in town. Then, of course...I am a Mom and a wife. Not that isn't enough...I have decided to give up consulting and go back into the corporate world.

WHAT?! I know you are asking that question. Why give up a flexible lifestyle with 3 children? Well, that would be a whole other Oprah show. :) Actually, it is simple...I enjoy the structure of corporate life and I miss knowing what assignment that I will be on next. With consulting, if I finish a job...you never know what the next will be, where it is, how long it will be. I miss going into the office... being a part of a company. With consulting, there really isn't any attachments...you go in, get the job done..it is over. It has been great for these couple of years, but, I miss the corporate life.

I know that sparks the whole war against Working at Home Moms and Working Outside of the home moms. I fully believe that a happy mom makes a happy home. I have enjoyed the flexibility of being there at home in between jobs when our children need me. But, going back into the corporate world...I still feel like I will be there when they need me. It just may look different. I will touch on this subject more in depth at a later time.

I want to say that I have missed everyone and I have certainly missed writing and reading about what is going on in each of your lives. You all have never been far from my thoughts. Sometimes life has a way of keeping you so busy that by the time you look up..you have lost so much time. I hope that I can work my way back up to being put on your Favorite Blog Lists again :) Love to all!!!
8 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
Glad to see a post from you. I was wondering how you are doing. Would love to hear more about N. and how he's adjusting, and how his big sisters are adjusting to their new brother.

I hear you on the structure thing- I work as a consultant from my house and it is very hard to stay focused and structured.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Welcome back. I'm glad to hear you were just busy. I was worried it was something worse . ...

I'd love to hear how N. is doing now he's home. I loved your blog from Russia, the growth you went through and the changes. I'd be very interested to hear how those changes have played out at home.

Good to be reading you again.

Ronda

Blogger A Room to Grow said...
Great to see a new post from you! Wondering how things have been with N. My job is in the corporate world, and up until now I thought for sure I would quit when we got the children. But it's tough giving up a career, the income, health care benefits, and the social aspect of it all. We are checking out preschools and if the right one comes around, and the girls are ready for it... I might continue working. At least part-time. I will be curious to read about how you are able to juggle everything.

Blogger Suz said...
It is great to see you posting! I missed hearing from you and never took you off my blog list :o) I was hoping you'd come back.

I'm glad you're sharing the hard stuff as well as the rosy stuff.

Blogger Denise :o) said...
I'm so glad to see you back!! I've been reading your blog for a long time although I don't believe I've ever posted. We are also using Lighthouse and in fact, you're the reason we chose them. Anyway, I'm so glad to see you posting again!!

Blogger Yeah So said...
Hey, I just realized your back! I was checking and checking, but nothing! Woo Hoo! Glad you're hanging in there, I'm sure it's crazy. Look forward to visiting again!

Blogger Brian & Rebeca said...
hi caroline! Merry Christmas!

I will always love you since you did so much for us by writing about your experience and motivating me to dream again ...
hey, I want to go back to work also. I think I can relate to what you are saying here. I love to be a mom for our two but I love my career and .. I respect your desicion. God bless you with the best!

Blogger Yeah So said...
Well Hallelujah! Imagine my surprise when you showed up on bloglines as having published a new entry. A very happy surprise.

Glad to see you back. I hear you on the working mom thing - I'll do you one better, I'm the sole breadwinner. Talk about a challenge - but you're right, a happy mom is a great mom!